How to Purchase Insurance/Waiver Online:
- Go to http://www.one2onerisk.com
- Select “Register Your Student Device” and follow instructions.
- If you have issues please call 816-736-7078.
- If needed a tutorial can be viewed here.
- Link for free and reduced application if needed.
- Power School Parent Portal. Click on the A+ tab to view the student ID number.
- Student lookup page. Students can log in with their District username and password to view the student ID number.
Set up Expectations for Safe Use
Much of the student damage done to Chromebooks is done at home. It helps for you to set up some ground rules from the very beginning.
- Determine with your child how/when/where you child may use the device at home. It is helpful to set a certain time limit so your child isn't just playing games all night.
- Set a time where technology has to go back to a common area of the home to be recharged. It would also be a good idea to put backpacks in this area with all their homework and library books as well, so nothing gets left behind the next day.
- Remind your child that they need their computer to be in a safe place at all times so it isn't stepped on, spilled on, etc.
- As the parent, you have the right to check the history on their devices. This can be done easily on a Chromebook by doing Ctrl-H.
Here are some good digital citizenship resources to help start conversations with your students: